Wednesday 2 March 2011

A forgotten sport

I tried it once. Went to the local knitting locale and picked up a ball of wool and a pair of those sticks. They say the act relaxes you, and it's true. I quit, after about a week, for fear of turning into someone else I did not know, and returned promptly to playing video games. I, however, can claim to have once tried knitting.


No matter what nationality you are I doubt any one of you comes from a culture where men knit. But don't let that hold you back from borrowing your sister's set and do your business. Think of it this way: If you try it, you'll have one heck of a conversation starter in your repertoire. Take a moment to scroll through this video and see the intricacies, and simplicity, of what you always thought was "two sticks going back and forth."

6 comments:

D4 said...

Yeahhhh it's one of those things that sure, I'd try it if someone placed it in front of it or brought me to it, but I wont go looking for it either.

Anonymous said...

I'll try knitting one day but I don't think I have the attention spam to tell you the truth lol

Alex DeLarge said...

I have a feeling that if I start I'll turn into Betsy Ross

Jessica Thompson said...

Hell yeah, knitting!

Adventures of Life said...

its funny how we have deviated from basic skills like knitting

Adventure Person said...

Anything is worth trying once!

Post a Comment

The post moderation process allows me a better overview of who comments on this blog, and ensures I do not miss any of your fine blogs.